The easiest way is not to worry about setting up email clients and use our online service at www.oamaru.net.nz/mail this service is free for all waitaki residents.
E-mail software can be set up to retrieve your messages automatically on a regular interval. For optimal performance, we recommend you adjust your retrieval setting to check for new messages every 10-15 minutes.
- With outlook open Click the tab labeled “File” on the top left hand side.
- Select “Info” on the left hand navigation
- Click “Add Account”
- Enter the following information:
- Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the “From” field of your outgoing messages.
- Email Address: Enter your full mail address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password: Enter your password <- this will be supplies when you setup your oamaru.net.nz email account, (please remember to change your password by login to www.oamaru.net.nz/mail “Password can be changed under setting”).
- Click the “Manually configure” checkbox and click next.
- Select internet email and click next
- For your server information enter:
- For your Incoming mail server (POP3): type “oamaru.net.nz”
- For your Outgoing mail server (SMTP): type “oamaru.net.nz”
- Click on the more settings button
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab and click on the My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box
- Click on the advanced tab and Change your outgoing server setting to 465.
- Click on ok to close the panel
- Click Next after making sure the information is correct.
- Click finish to end setting up your email